Insulation for parapet walls
The junction of an external wall and flat roof is a difficult part of a building to design well. Continuing the wall above roof level to create an upstand also creates a thermal bridge, that was very difficult to detail before the development of PERINSUL HL insulation for parapet walls.
PERINSUL HL courses in with a masonry external wall at the level of the flat roof insulation, creating a connection with the wall insulation and eliminating the thermal bridge. The product is laid in mortar just like masonry, meaning no change in construction method or delay to the progress of work.
- Proven concept: ‘time-tested’ thermal performance, so declared thermal conductivity remains the same for the life of the building.
- Energy efficiency: provides a thermal break between the wall and foundation, maintaining continuity of the ground floor insulation.
- Watertight: prevents the passage of moisture, protecting timber components from rot and steel components from corrosion.
- Load-bearing: “insulation that thinks it’s a brick” can be coursed in with existing masonry at the right level to suit the floor insulation.
- Healthy living: consistent, comfortable surface temperature across the whole wall surface, removing cold spots and reducing risk of surface condensation and mould growth.
How to install PERINSUL HL
about PERINSUL products
The information relating to the products and systems contained on this website is provided in good faith and for general information purpose only. Such information is in any event subject to our product’s legal notice, the content of which users are invited to acknowledge under the following link: Legal Notice